WSS CloudSOC Consultant
Our Client, a global Financial House, has engaged Costello & Reyes Group to identify 2 x WSS Deployment Consultants to support the ongoing Security operations of the firm. This is only suitable for someone who has deployed and configured a CloudSOC.
This is for an initial 3 month engagement but is part of a two year programme of work so should you be making the correct contribution you will be extended.
The type of skills and experience you will need to have to be considered are:
- Search for vulnerabilities and risks in hardware and software.
- Manage and monitor any attacks and intrusions.
- Recognise the potential threat or attempted breach by closing off the security vulnerability.
- Design various strategies and defensive systems against intruders.
- Conduct counteractive protocols and report incidents.
- Create new defensive systems and protocols.
- Develop new layers of protection and update the security systems.
- Grant permissions and privileges to authorised users.
- Examine the defensive systems and provide reports based on test results.
- Run diagnostics on any changes in the information to verify any undetected breaches.
- Analyse new methods of intrusion.
- Prevent any attacks to access information without proper credentials.
- Document any breakthrough firewalls and other security applications.
- Develop and implement information security standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Maintain IT security controls documentation.
- Recognise security gaps and prepare an action plan.
- Suggest recommendations, create security policies and ensure they are implemented with support and mitigation during implementation.
- Monitor emerging threats through the IDS/IPS systems.
- Create awareness about security policy and security issues.
- Oversights cyber security projects and makes sure they meet cyber security objectives.
- Work in close coordination with the stakeholders and other groups related to Cyber Security related matters.
- Offer cyber security operations such as process re-engineering, automation, and documentation.
- Recognise cyber security issues, devise and drive effective mitigation.
- Offer standby support for cyber security incident response.
- Conduct customised application security assessments for client-based asset risk and corporate policy.
- Implement vulnerability assessment, configuration audit of operating systems, web Servers and databases.
- Detects comprisable patterns, insecure features, and malicious activities in the infrastructure.
- In-depth understanding of OWASP testing methodology.
- Execute projects in Dynamic Application Security Testing.
- Customise application security assessments for the client.
- Conduct personalized ASP.NET/JAVA application code reviews for clients.
- Take care of projects in security code reviews/Static Application Security Testing of applications.
- Monitor application security projects such as quality and timely delivery.
- Organise closure meetings to verify customer queries and confirm acceptance of project deliverables.
- Provide reports and compare multiple vulnerabilities and different automated tools.
- Provide customised risk rating for vulnerabilities based on company policies.
- Deal with client concerns related to project execution, the impact to production services and quality of deliverables.
- Track vulnerabilities and collaborate with internal network teams to ensure closure of vulnerabilities.
- Well-versed with various security tools such as Burp Suite, Nmap, Nessus, Qualys, Metaspolit, etc.
This is an urgent need so which the client is looking to move quickly on so, should you be interested in the above position, please feel free to submit your CV and call for further information. Costello & Reyes Group Limited is one of the UK’s leading providers of recruitment advice and services and acts as a recruiter on behalf of our client.