Senior Software Engineer
Our client, an international financial institution, needs your help to realise their ambition to build and deploy the best predictive financial models and analyses ever created.
You will join their brand-new business, launched only in April 2019. Key to them will be your desire to learn. This coupled with your good Java (Back End) Software Engineering background, agile way of thinking and dynamic personality will make you successful here.
If you already have some financial services or insurance industry experience that’s great, but you will be working alongside some of the best in the business who will share their knowledge and skills with you.
Our client is looking for someone to make a real contribution in shaping the evolving business in its journey to provide easier and better value financial services.
What you’ll be doing:
- As the Senior Software Engineer, you will play a key role in developing and maintaining a robust cloud-based solution fit for low-latency, highly-available, scoring of machine learning solutions within AWS.
- The business works with the very cutting edge of technology, and unlike some start-ups, this is a well-funded, agile environment utilising opensource, emerging technologies and machine learning. The most advanced tech on the market will be available to you, and where what is available already isn’t enough, our client will build their own.
- They use Spring framework and want you to bring your good understanding of functional programming to the table.
- They will look for you to contribute positively to the team, and the process, to continuously improve their solutions to business challenges.
- You’ll want to be part of a process of continual skills and knowledge development for you and the team, mentoring others and developing yourself.
Who you’ll be working with:
- The team consists of true subject matter experts within their fields, and you will have the opportunity to grow with them as the team expands.
- You will be reporting to the Head of Data Engineering and work as part of a lean team of 5 Software Engineers.
What they’ll give you:
- You’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names.
- Our client is always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
- They also know that your Life/Work balance may mean that normal’ working hours are not always the right fit for you! They’re always happy to chat through your requirements and see what is doable.
- They are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. They do not discriminate, and they recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. They will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment.
Costello and Reyes Group Limited act as a recruiter on behalf of our client.
- Health Insurance
- Private Pension
- Flexible Working
- Good holiday allowance
- Opportunity to share ideas