Senior Software Engineer in Test
An international financial institution needs your help to deliver testing to realise their ambition to build and deploy the best predictive financial models and analyses ever created.
You will bring your experience in software testing and bold attitude to the team, creating your function from scratch.
This role is unlike any other in their company – or, our client believes, at any other financial institution – as it is more akin to one at a start-up.
What our client is looking for:
- You will join their brand-new business, launched only in April 2019.
- Key to them will be your desire to learn.
- A good testing background, agile way of thinking and dynamic personality will make you successful here.
- If you already have some financial services or insurance industry experience that’s great, but you will be working alongside some of the best in the business who will share their knowledge and skills with you.
- They are looking for someone to make a real contribution in shaping the evolving business in its journey to provide easier and better value financial services.
What you’ll be doing:
- You are the first person in the team with a dedicated testing role, hence you need to be comfortable with building the test process, delivering the whole functional test cycle.
- Our client needs you to work closely with your colleagues to understand the user case and how the software will need to work.
- They have a team to help you code – but you’ll need to know some basic Ruby/Java/Python. The systems are all Back End, in a UNIX-like environment and cloud native.
- The new business works with the very cutting edge of technology, and unlike some start-ups this is a well-funded, agile environment utilising opensource, emerging technologies and machine learning.
- The most advanced tech on the market will be available to you, and where what is available already isn’t enough, they will build their own.
- Our client will look for you to contribute positively to the team and the process to continuously improve their solutions to business challenges.
- You’ll want to be part of a process of continual skills and knowledge development for you and the team, mentoring others and developing yourself.
Who you’ll be working with:
- The team consists of true subject matter experts within their fields, and you will have the opportunity to grow with them as the team expands.
- Based in South East London, you will be reporting into the Head of Data Engineering and work as part of a lean team of Software Engineers.
Costello and Reyes Group Limited act as a recruiter on behalf of our client.
- Health Insurance
- Private Pension
- Flexible Working
- Good holiday allowance
- Opportunity to share ideas