Senior Software Engineer – AI
Our client, an international analytics firm, are looking to bring on board another senior software engineer in order to assist in building the next generation of AI insight platforms. This will be predominantly based in London in their Central AI Division.
The team consists of 70+ engineers, product designers, and data scientists across the world focused on Web data acquisition and information extraction, automating the acquisition from hundreds of thousands of websites.
Culture is extremely important to them. Being a team player and having self-awareness with a will to succeed and continuously improve, will help them to grow and expand and become the best leaders they, and you, can be.
The ideal candidate will be an amazing software engineer with knowledge of either Machine Learning, NLP or Web Crawling.
- Be faced with challenging problems in data acquisition, knowledge base construction and data integration.
- Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to testing, deployment, and operating the application in production.
- Actively evolve their agile development process together with them.
- Apply best practices for testing, documentation, to ensure overall quality – and helping the team to monitor and improve where necessary.
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability.
- Continually define your role as they grow.
- Believe in validation through software and rapid prototyping and love to work, learn, and teach others.
- Be driven and self-reliant, without losing track of the big picture.
- Most of their infrastructure is on AWS. You will know and love AWS, in particular ECS, RDS, S3, Lambda, SNS.
Costello & Reyes Group acts as a recruitment agency for our client. If you are interested in this role, please give us a call.
What you'll get out of it:
- Salary range: Between £65k to £90k (based on experience, qualifications, and the performance at the interview) + medical + other benefits.
- Plenty of opportunities to travel world-wide and collaborate with great people on teams all over the world.
- Most of their code is in Java so proficiency in core Java is expected, but Node.js or Python are highly valued too.
- Bonus points: experience with Terraform/Serverless, RabbitMQ, Docker.
Any of the following will make your application more exciting:
- Experience with applications of machine learning and/or natural language processing applied to web pages or text documents.
- Experience with large scale web crawlers and/or automated systems for web scraping and/or automated testing solutions for web technologies (Chrome puppeteer, Webdriver, PhantomJS).
- Experience in running such technologies in a cloud environment.
- Experience with NLP libraries/tools eg, spaCy, CoreNLP, OpenNLP, GATE, UIMA.
- Experience with crowdsourcing/human-in-the-loop systems/platforms eg, AWS SageMaker Ground Truth, Amazon Mechanical Turk, CrowdFlower/Figure8).
- Health Insurance
- Good holiday allowance
- Opportunity to share ideas