Product Owner (E-Learning)
Our client is an award-winning full-service agency who help their clients achieve their business objectives, from brand/product launches, learning and development, to lead generation.
As a leader in experiential AI, artificial intelligence, humanoid robots and virtual/mixed/augmented reality, the company is steering its clients through transformative times. The rules of customer and staff engagement are changing, and their demanding expectations have never been higher. Also specialists in Instructional Design and E-learning, creating innovative training content for global technology firms, our client develops bespoke Learning Management Systems that support companies globally.
- As a Product Owner, you will join the highly-driven team to represent the fusion of technology with business insight and work to build bespoke software applications that are tailor-made to suit clients’ needs.
- You will work confidently alongside account managers and clients, using your knowledge of technology and software development to formulate solutions that meet clients’ expectations.
- You will analyse client requirements, identify and implement suitable technological solutions that anticipate future client needs.
- With highly technological knowledge, you should have the skills to look at clients’ business problems and come up with creative ideas that exceed the original proposal.
- Playing a key role in turning client visions into effective processes, you will manage the entire life cycle of projects to ensure they are technically sound, fit-for-purpose and delivered on time and to the highest standards.
- Be an experienced developer who is looking to move away from implementing solutions to devising them, or a passionate and technically-minded project manager.
- Need to have the ability to interact with clients and account handlers at a variety of levels across functions, as well as manage client expectations to ensure their satisfaction.
- Have a keen interest in technology, strong desire to learn and keep on top of the latest trends.
- Experience with projects involving machine learning or AI would be beneficial but not compulsory.
- Work with internal teams and third parties to ensure that all aspects of the projects are delivered accurately and to required deadlines, utilising relevant project documentation where necessary.
- Understand client requirements and provide a significant contribution to innovative solutions that solve the requirements within the allocated budget.
- Receive, log and track all bugs/changes/requests from applications related to problems and questions.
- Develop project specifications with clear timescales, scope, skills and effort required in conjunction with the relevant internal stakeholder.
- Create and maintain project plans and establish commitment to the plan with the client.
- Gather input from clients, users and other members of the team to create wireframes and storyboards.
- Oversee development and testing of projects – reporting any potential issues, changing requirements or project slippage in a timely manner and assist in coordinating any solutions to problems identified pre- and post-delivery.
- Work with stakeholders to agree and define the project vision and roadmap.
- Manage the project log, having regular meetings with relevant stakeholders to drive progress against upcoming projects, change requests and outstanding issues.
- Act as an effective interface between the Client Services and development team – communicating project requirements and reporting/dealing with problems as they occur.
- Collaborate and coordinate activities with other Product Owners to streamline activities and make better use of internal resources.
- Working closely with the client, Client Services and Technology team, you are the major contributor to the requirements specification deliverable. You are to write and take ownership of the functional requirements.
- You are to understand the company’s products and services to ensure integration between the client, Client Services and Technology team.
- Perform feasibility analysis, scope and project management to prioritise deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Understand the development processes and be very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Participate in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and is subject to review on a regular basis.
If you are a team player, a developer/engineer looking to move into a client role, or already established and want to work for a fast-growing company, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- 2-3 years' experience in similar type of role or 4 years' development experience.
- University degree or diploma, certificate or equivalent.
- Experience within an agency environment.
- Experience of working with customers of different technical abilities.
- A quick-learner with the ability to quickly develop insight into the client and subject matter.
- Strong knowledge of software development practices - the life cycle and methodologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Great attention to detail whilst still able to keep the bigger picture in focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams that have different technology-awareness levels.
- Good persuasive and influencing skills.
- Ability to process a vast amount of information with a methodical approach.
- Ability communicate confidently technical aspects of a project to key client stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of web and mobile technologies and their application.
- Strong organisational skills with experience of efficient time management.
- Experience in technical documentation writing and maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Any of the following would be beneficial:
- Business analysis, problem-solving and creative-thinking skills.
- E-learning - experience having worked on the development of learning management systems or within the E-learning industry.
- Project initiation, management and status reporting Experience with projects involving machine learning or AI.