Our client, an established Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) aviation firm with services including base maintenance, avionic and structural modification, and design and interior refurbishment, are looking for an experienced Managing Director to control and oversee business operations, people, and ventures.
Summary of the Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall success of the business whilst steering the company to the most profitable direction and implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must come from a very strong business development background and understand the private jet sector.
Required essential skills will include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a related field is strongly preferred with 5-10 years of maintenance experience in Civil or Military Aviation.
- Experience in operations, finance, and commercial practices strongly preferred.
- Strong lean enterprise or six sigma experience preferred.
- Proven experience of achieving targets in a dynamic manufacturing or production environment.
- Good knowledge of production, operations, and materials planning, practices, and processes.
- Strong teamwork and leadership abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure in time-sensitive situations.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with global activities, including operations within different cultures and styles.
- Exceptional leadership skills with experience in leading a team.
- Ability to work in ambiguous settings with minimal direct management.
This is a fantastic and exciting opportunity to join this company and move it forward in the next leg of its journey.
Costello & Reyes Group Limited is one of the UK’s leading providers of recruitment advice and services and acts as a recruiter on behalf of our client.
Should you be interested in speaking about this opportunity further, please send your CV to (see below) or call us on +44 (0)20 3807 9000.