Digital Python Software Engineer
A large financial institution are at the beginning of a very exciting digital transformation journey. This includes the re-platforming of their services delivered using SaFE throughout their sites and using complete serverless micros services architecture on AWS cloud.
Using leading development paradigm our client is fully committed to the development of their team members to build a spectacular working environment.
Will you help them revolutionise the digital experience?
What they’re looking for:
- 2 x Digital Python Software Engineers. One based in South East London and the other based in Leeds.
- A software developer with a DevOps attitude keen to join an organisation in constant change.
- They will challenge conventions, continuously improve and innovate to deliver its business values.
Who you’ll be working with:
- This is a key role sitting within a creative department with a start-up mentality who embrace the true scaled agile development processes. You will work as part of a Scrum team aimed at delivering tangible results fast.
- This is a career defining opportunity and a chance to be involved in a changing programme of work. You will be part of a wider technical team where you will work with some of the best in the business. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow whilst helping our client deliver a company-wide technology transformation project.
What you’ll be doing:
- Using Python3 you will create production ready code, always finding the easiest and direct solutions to connect and query our client’s data.
- Show your good understanding of distributed and parallel programming paradigm.
- Implement REST APIs with your practical experience within AWS and event sourcing system.
- Using your expertise of SQL and NoSQL document storage system eg redis and elastic search.
- You will use Git source control system such as GitHub and/or Bitbucket.
- Desire to automate and implement CI/CD pipeline with TDD/BDD.
- Advise and guide your colleagues to ensure the proposed solution fits with the overall system design principles to make sure they deliver the best possible scalable solutions across their projects.
- Learn fast from errors, implement change where it is needed and have the enthusiasm and drive needed to challenge status quo and make improvements where possible.
What they’ll give you:
- You’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names.
- Our client is always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
- They are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. They do not discriminate, and they recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. They will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment.
- They also know that your Life/Work balance may mean that normal’ working hours are not always the right fit for you! Our client is always happy to chat through your requirements and see what is doable.
Costello and Reyes Group Limited act as a recruiter on behalf of our client.
- Private Pension
- Flexible Working
- Opportunity to share ideas