Our client, an educational technology company that are using technology, data and real-world observations to investigate the way young people learn.
They are actively searching for a data scientist with a strong statistical background. The ideal candidate will be working with a large degree of independence on projects investigating what specific factors influence student learning, whilst continuously keeping in mind the overall objective and implications of your findings on the bigger picture. They will problem solve and build on previous findings to uncover new insights. The research will cover all aspects of data modelling such as, proof of concepts, critical viewpoint and awareness of limitations and translating findings to the real world.
So if you are a motivated candidate that loves a challenge and is a broadly-interested statistician then this is the right position for you. If you are interested then please send an email to discuss your application further.
Costello & Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.
- PhD and/or MSc in a quantitative discipline such as Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics etc, or equivalent in industrial experience, with significant exposure to statistics.
- Sound knowledge of common statistical techniques such as linear models, generalised linear models and k-means, with a good understanding of the theoretical basis and limitations of the techniques used.
- Experience in applying statistical approaches to practical problems in a business context, in particular developing predictive models using a range of techniques.
- Proven ability to communicate conclusions of statistical analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of experimental design principles and experience with conducting rigorously controlled experiments
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience and knowledge of education and the school system in the UK.
- Experience working with biometric data
- Working on voice or facial recognition projects
- Private Pension
- Life Insurance