Our client, is looking for a creative, innovative, intellectually curious and commercially focused Lead Data Scientist with extensive experience in Machine Learning to join our Reading-based team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly innovative and high profile role with, amongst others, some of the world’s leading retailers and media businesses across multiple territories.You will be working with a range of proprietary datasets fusing crowdsourcing and customer data to deliver uniquely powerful demand predictions for customers.
The company is a highly innovative technology company working across the music, advertising and retail industries, combining crowdsourced data from reviewer community with customer sales/engagement data to predict future demand/engagement on an item by item basis. Their vision is to be the recognised global leader in crowdsourced predictive analytics. We strive to create a culture of excellence in all that we do, with an emphasis on providing a world class service to anyone we interact with.
The ideal candidate will be someone who loves working with data, using it to gather business insight, and sharing your newfound knowledge with those around you. Highly experienced in Machine Learning and able and willing to learn new technologies and programming languages
As a machine learning expert/Data Scientist, you will develop radically new methods for manipulation and prediction that will enable us to directly impact the profitability of our clients. Using a combination of machine learning technology and vast amounts of crowdsourced and client data, we seek to transform the music, media and retail markets while expanding our team into interesting and revolutionary frontiers within the predictive analytics world.
You must be innovative, commercial and have a ‘can do’ attitude, as well as being wildly excited about data and the opportunity to break new ground in the data science field. This role is a new position, reporting directly to Head of Product and the CEO, ideal for a candidate looking to get high profile business experience and advance their career in data/technology.
So if you are a motivated candidate that loves a challenge then this is the right position for you. If you are interested then please send an email to discuss your application further.
Costello & Reyes operate as both a recruitment business and recruitment agency for its clients.
- Degree/MSc/PhD in either computer science, machine learning, data mining, statistical learning or similar.
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious and strong problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques e.g. k-means, decision trees, neural networks, ensemble learning, etc.
- Significant experience using machine learning techniques to solve new problems.
- Expertise in at least one programming/scripting language e.g. R or Python.
- Experience in the productisation of machine learning algorithms.
- Exceptional numerical ability and creative thinker/problem solver.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate analyses to non-technical audiences.
- An interest in developing a deep understanding of business problems in areas that might not always be familiar to you.
- Strong commercial skills and an understanding that a fast good result is often better than a slow perfect result.
- Meeting or conference calls with clients to define required datasets and agreeing which variables are likely to be most relevant.
- Meetings with directors and business development team to discuss latest results, commercial priorities and productisation.
- Working on cleaning data from one of our retail customers and training a predictive model with the goal of demonstrating an improvement in their buying accuracy.
- Set an experimental model to run on historic client data combined with the results of 100’s of items tested with our millions of reviewers, compare this with actual business performance and be ready to have the first results to share with the team the next day.
- Working in a small team of Data Scientists to brainstorm ideas about which ML algorithms to use to solve a given business problem.
- Private Pension