Business Development Manager
A Professional Services Consultancy, part of an award-winning Organisational Resilience Group, is seeking a Business Development Manager in its Technology Risk Management function.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with proven sales experience within professional services (ie management consultants and accountancy firms).
Some of the solutions and services our client offers are:
Data Protection – Information Security (including Cyber) – Penetration Testing – Business Continuity – Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessments – Governance and Risk – Controls Assurance – ISAE3402/SSAE18 – Third Party Management – IT Audit – IT Project and Change Management
The role will consist of:
- Collate and review lists of potential clients from various sources, identify potential leads, make initial contact or pass on leads.
- Generate and pursue enquiries to successful outcomes.
- Work with all staff to track all new business leads and ensure adequate follow up has taken place within an appropriate timescale.
- Maintain accurate activity records and sales pipeline and prepare timely information for the management team.
- Working with new and established partner firms to understand their product(s) to identify and support cross-selling opportunities.
- Working with other parts of the group of companies to identify and support cross-selling opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a robust introducer base.
- Evidence an active list of contacts with established professional relationships which can be leveraged for future use.
- Review and respond to tender requests and Requests for Proposals.
- Preparation of Proposals and Letters of Engagement.
- Prepare for and attend client meetings.
- Maintain concurrent communication with clients and partners.
- Explore potential for delivering additional services and solutions to existing clients.
- Develop and deliver client feedback questionnaires.
Services and Solutions
- Prepare for and attend seminars and events held by third parties to gain insights as to emerging trends, potential service offerings, engage with potential clients etc.
- Some overseas travel may be required to fulfil the role, but this will be minimal.
The candidate will have:
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Effective at prioritising and organising own workload.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people of varying proficiency.
- The ability to deal with all levels of management.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to take a strategic perspective.
- Highly motivated and confident.
- Approachable with a good sense of humour.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of preparing business proposals and plans for presentation.
- Experience of establishing and developing relationships and generating new opportunities.
- Experience of developing professional social media profiles.
- Able to engage and work with Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) as well as large corporates ie FTSE Top 100, Fortune 500 etc. across multiple sectors.
- Relevant professional qualifications.
- Willingness to undertake relevant industry-specific training.
- Experience of business development or relationship sales within the B2B services sectors.
- Experience in the analysis of financial plans and budgets as part of business case proposals.
- Experience of working with or in Financial Services.
- Knowledge of relevant legal principles relating to business contracts and experience in negotiation.
- Knowledge of Financial Services legislation eg Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Sarbanes Oxley, Anti Money Laundering, Know Your Customer etc.
- Knowledge of other legislation eg UK Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Directive (GDPR), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), etc.
- Evidence of liaising with and the ability to influence heads of’ or C level’.
- Able to evidence achievements rather than responsibilities.
Candidates who have no previous experience of selling these types of solutions and services will not be considered.