An exciting opportunity to join a fast growing team in Cambridge, building a high quality software to deliver to high profile customers. This software enables scientists to analyse and interpret biological data and tools in one place, supplying their platform to a number of leading pharmaceutical and consumer goods companies.
My client is looking for a dynamic Field Application Scientist / Bioinformatician to work closely with customers and the sales team to provide pre-sales and post sales solutions expertise for their platform.
• Provide solutions to address complex challenges through formal technical presentations to scientific audiences
• Respond to RFPs (Request For Proposal), prepare proposals, contribute to professional services estimates and negotiation processes leading to contract finalisation
• Provide user training, consulting, and leverage product adoption opportunities with clients
• Support and provide subject matter expertise with consulting input to business analysts and project managers
• Postgraduate or PhD degree and some experience in computational biology, bioinformatics or related fields
• Have exposure to or knowledge of the drug discovery process, and ideally experience within bioinformatics
• Have an ability to successfully interact with managers, scientists at all levels, IT experts and clients
So if you are a candidate with genuine passion for technology and genomics, then this is the right opportunity for you!
- A postgraduate or PhD degree and some experience in computational biology, bioinformatics or related fields
- Have exposure to or knowledge of the drug discovery process
- Familiarity with use of informatics software and bioinformatics NGS analysis
- Experience working in a client facing environment
- Have been leading workshops, training and presentations
- Commercial experience in a pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in a SME
- Publications in a relevant field