My client, a pioneering start-up within the sensor tech industry, are looking for a Lead Python Engineer to permanently join their team based in Central London. The salary on offer is between £70,000 and £90,000 and there are also some great benefits such as a work laptop, free coffee and discounts on gym memberships.
I am looking for an experienced software engineer to join their team to help scale their AI and tangible HCI research to the next level. You will work at the cutting edge of the fields within a collaborative multidisciplinary environment comprising of PhD researchers, Python programmers and audio and hardware engineers. Using their own patented Deep Learning technology, they aim to completely change the way we interact with technology and the physical world.
You will be in charge of leading their web development team and scaling the data collection pipeline to be used by audio engineers and AI researchers both within and outside the company. Their pipeline allows them to collect different types of multi-channel audio and sensors data and process it to be used seamlessly by the rest of the team. You will need to lead and manage the other members of the web engineering team, using tools such as confluence and JIRA to manage weekly sprints. While your main objective is architecture, building and scaling the pipeline, you will also be involved in conducting research, discussing designs and architectures as well as suggesting ways of improving user interaction.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with Python
- 2+ years of experience leading teams of software developers
- Experience with Cloud Computing (either AWS or GCE)
- Ability to architect scalable solutions
- Backend: Experience with Flask, Celery, Nginx, SQLAlchemy, Redis, Postgres
- Other tools: CI, Pytest, Docker, Git
- Agile methodology
- GCE App Engine
- GitHub profile demonstrating engineering / architecture skills
- Worked within ML / Data pipeline teams before
- Flexible Working
- Opportunity to share ideas
- Gym Discount